I am happy to say that Noteboard now supports Firefox 3+ AND Safari. It doesn’t support the current release of Safari so you have to use the Safari 3.1.2 nightlies as those builds include localStorage. Technically, I should be also be able to make Noteboard work with IE 8 beta 2 due to it also supporting localStorage, but I don’t want to waste my time making fixes for IE.
Now on to the tweaks for version 2.0.1:
- Documents can now have custom titles instead of having the document name be the title.
- The title quickly changes to “Noteboard” and changes back when you push Ctrl + D to bookmark Noteboard.
- I added and changed these keyboard shortcuts:
- Import is now Ctrl + Alt + 1
- Export is now Ctrl + Alt + 2
- To change the current document’s title, push Ctrl + Alt + T
- Starting the open a document prompt (Ctrl + Alt + O), clicking OK, and leaving it blank opens up the shortcuts page.
- The shortcuts page is no longer stored on your localStorage and is now a protected static document that can’t be edited/deleted.
- A lot of code tidying up.